Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Carsten Wiedmann <ca...@gmx.de> on 2011/01/14 10:13:07 UTC

[users@httpd] [mod_fcgid] Question about FcgidCmdOptions (InitialEnv) and session (cookie) problem with PHP

Hello,

1)
With FcgidInitialEnv I write:
| FcgidInitialEnv FOO "C:\\ProgramData\\Foo"

but with FcgidCmdOptions it's:
| FcgidCmdOptions "C:/usr/bin/cgi.exe" \
|    InitialEnv FOO=C:\ProgramData\Foo

I have to use a single backslash and not a double backslash as usual. Why?

Another problem: How can I set a value with space? e.g:
| FcgidInitialEnv FOO "C:\\Program Files\\Foo"

is working. But:
|    InitialEnv FOO=C:\Program Files\Foo
or
|    InitialEnv FOO="C:\Program Files\Foo"
not.

BTW:
It would be nice, if I don't set a variable with "FcgidCmdOptions
InitialEnv", a variable already set with FcgidInitialEnv would be passed
to the FastCGI app.

2)
I also have a problem with PHP apps like phpMyAdmin. e.g. Cookie login
is not working. After each request a new session file is created in the
temp dir. And after a few requests I got a message, that the session can
not be started without errors. But nothing in the Apache/PHP logs. Thus
I don't know, if this is a PHP or a mod_fcgid problem?
Well, with a very simple testscript (from the PHP manual) there is no
problem.

If I setup PHP as CGI and not as FastCGI, phpMyAdmin is working. It's
also working on my Debian box with FastCGI.

Current System:
Windows 7 32bit
Apache 2.2.17 (x86/vc9)
mod_fcgid 2.3.6 (x86/vc9)
PHP 5.3.5 (x86/vc9)

Regards,
Carsten

[users@httpd] Re: [mod_fcgid] Question about FcgidCmdOptions (InitialEnv) and session (cookie) problem with PHP

Posted by Carsten Wiedmann <ca...@gmx.de>.
Am 14.01.2011 10:13, schrieb Carsten Wiedmann:
> 1)
> With FcgidInitialEnv I write:
> | FcgidInitialEnv FOO "C:\\ProgramData\\Foo"
>
> but with FcgidCmdOptions it's:
> | FcgidCmdOptions "C:/usr/bin/cgi.exe" \
> | InitialEnv FOO=C:\ProgramData\Foo
>
> I have to use a single backslash and not a double backslash as usual. Why?
>
> Another problem: How can I set a value with space? e.g:
> | FcgidInitialEnv FOO "C:\\Program Files\\Foo"
>
> is working. But:
> | InitialEnv FOO=C:\Program Files\Foo
> or
> | InitialEnv FOO="C:\Program Files\Foo"
> not.

Hm, next problem with a space. How can I use a space in FcgidWrapper?
| FcgidWrapper "C:/Program Files/PHP/php-5.3.5/php-cgi.exe" .php

is not working. Error:
| Syntax error on line 34 of C:/ProgramData/.../php.conf:
| Wrapper C:/Program cannot be accessed: (720002)Das System kann die | |
angegebene Datei nicht finden.

Maybe the whole thing is more a question for Dev@?

Posted by Carsten Wiedmann <ca...@gmx.de>.
Am 31.01.2011 16:50, schrieb Igor Galić:

> ----- "Carsten Wiedmann"<ca...@gmx.de>  wrote:
>
>> OK, this seams to be a bug? If I enable
>> | FcgidFixPathinfo 1
>> many scripts are broken. e.g. there is no logo in phpinfo().
>

> Which version of mod_fcgid are you using?
> Did you check bugzilla?

Ah, sorry:
Windows 7 32bit
Apache 2.2.17
mod_fcgid 2.3.6
PHP 5.3.5

The same setting is working on my FreeBSD box. And I've found nothing
about this in bugzilla.

Regards,
Carsten

Re: [users@httpd] Re: [mod_fcgid] Question about FcgidCmdOptions (InitialEnv) and session (cookie) problem with PHP

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.
----- "Carsten Wiedmann" <ca...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > 2)
> > I also have a problem with PHP apps like phpMyAdmin. e.g. Cookie
> login
> > is not working. After each request a new session file is created in
> the
>
> OK, this seams to be a bug? If I enable

Which version of mod_fcgid are you using?
Did you check bugzilla?

> | FcgidFixPathinfo 1
> many scripts are broken. e.g. there is no logo in phpinfo().
>
> With this setting SCRIPT_NAME and PHP_SELF are set to
> "C:/phpinfo.php".
> If I don't set FcgidFixPathinfo, they are set to "/phpinfo.php".
>
> But the default for "cgi.fix_pathinfo" is "1", thus I guess I have to
>
> enable FcgidFixPathinfo...
>

> > 1)
> > Another problem: How can I set a value with space? e.g:
> > | FcgidInitialEnv FOO "C:\\Program Files\\Foo"
> >
> > is working. But:
> > | FcgidCmdOptions "C:/usr/bin/cgi.exe" \
> > | InitialEnv FOO="C:\Program Files\Foo"
> > not.
>
> Nobody knows an answer?
>

> Regards,
> Carsten

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org

[users@httpd] Re: [mod_fcgid] Question about FcgidCmdOptions (InitialEnv) and session (cookie) problem with PHP

Posted by Carsten Wiedmann <ca...@gmx.de>.
Hello,

> 2)
> I also have a problem with PHP apps like phpMyAdmin. e.g. Cookie login
> is not working. After each request a new session file is created in the

OK, this seams to be a bug? If I enable
| FcgidFixPathinfo 1
many scripts are broken. e.g. there is no logo in phpinfo().

With this setting SCRIPT_NAME and PHP_SELF are set to "C:/phpinfo.php".
If I don't set FcgidFixPathinfo, they are set to "/phpinfo.php".

But the default for "cgi.fix_pathinfo" is "1", thus I guess I have to
enable FcgidFixPathinfo...

> 1)
> Another problem: How can I set a value with space? e.g:
> | FcgidInitialEnv FOO "C:\\Program Files\\Foo"
>
> is working. But:
> | FcgidCmdOptions "C:/usr/bin/cgi.exe" \
> | InitialEnv FOO="C:\Program Files\Foo"
> not.