Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org> on 2013/06/10 04:33:34 UTC

Regression failures

The regression failure rate has been quite high and the failures are
mostly related to test scripts. Let's please focus with high priority
on fixing as many as we can by the next run ie Wednesday. I would like
to see the failure rates reduce by the 4.2 release cut on 6/28

http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/cloudstack-qa/job/test-regression-matrix/23/testReport/?

Our BVTs are more or less well sorted now. Rayees and Talluri will be
focussing if there are any remaining failures and reporting bugs and
applying patches where they can.

Girish and I will be working on the regression failures. There are too
many of them so I won't be filing bugs. Instead, please watch the
jenkins report and pick the fixes you intend to make. If you intend to
work on a fix, please file a bug report and work on the patch so we
don't have overlaps.

After that we need to focus on reducing the lag in the runs which are
at about 7hr now. The more tests we add, the slower this gets. We
might think about consolidating all our infrastructure to accomadate
runs on all hypervisors.

Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

RE: Regression failures

Re: Regression failures

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:56:02AM +0530, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:
> Thanks Sowmya, I see more issues in the list now when the component is
> Automation.

Filtered this further down to :

"""
project = CloudStack AND (status = Open OR status = Reopened OR status = "Ready To Review") AND (summary ~ Automation OR component = Automation) and type = Bug ORDER BY key DESC
"""

The previous filter showed subtasks that are planned efforts to automate entire
features which are removed now to show only failures in the tests that we are
fixing.

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Regression failures

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

RE: Regression failures

Posted by Sowmya Krishnan <so...@citrix.com>.

Re: Regression failures

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
We've been working regularly on fixing the regression tests trying to
get it into good shape for 4.2. You will see bugs being filed from
regular test runs on citrix internal environments.

The following filter can be used in JIRA if you would like to help in
fixing the bugs and/or review fixed bugs:

"""
project = CloudStack and (status = Open or status = Reopened or status = "Ready To Review")  and summary ~ Automation order by key desc
"""

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Regression failures

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
test-matrix (smoke/bvt) has been disabled.
test-matrix-extended (regression) enabled every 4 hours.

--
Prasanna.,

Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Regression failures