Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Avner Levy <av...@checkpoint.com> on 2013/10/23 10:34:55 UTC

Re: Adding documents in Solr plugin

I've tried to write the plugin code.
Currently I do:
                AddUpdateCommand addUpdateCommand = new
AddUpdateCommand(solrQueryRequest);
                DocIterator iterator = docList.iterator();
                SolrIndexSearcher indexReader =
solrQueryRequest.getSearcher();
                while (iterator.hasNext()) {
                    Document document = indexReader.doc(iterator.nextDoc());
                    SolrInputDocument solrInputDocument = new
SolrInputDocument();
                    addUpdateCommand.clear();
                    addUpdateCommand.solrDoc = solrInputDocument;
                    addUpdateCommand.solrDoc.setField("id",
document.get("id"));
                    addUpdateCommand.solrDoc.setField("my_updated_field",
new_value);
                    updateRequestProcessor.processAdd(addUpdateCommand);
                }
But this is very expensive since the update handler will fetch again the
document which I already hold at hand.
Is there a safe way to update the lucene document and write it back while
taking into account all the Solr related code such as caches, extra solr
logic, etc?
I was thinking of converting it to a SolrInputDocument and then just add the
document through Solr but I need first to convert all fields.
Thanks in advance,
  Avner