Posted to users@camel.apache.org by titexe <ti...@yahoo.Fr> on 2009/10/23 19:41:08 UTC

Camel iBatis : management of real-time recording of a database?

Hello,

We would like to copy in real time the inserted records in a database to
another,

my question is: the component ibatis camel can manage this mode(real time)?

Best regards,

titexe

PS : I bought your book camel in action, it has served me well, I wish you
good continuation

Re: Camel iBatis : management of real-time recording of a database?

Posted by Dmitry Ulanov <du...@gmail.com>.
Camel iBatis componet is just very simple wrapper around Apache iBatis
library which very close to JDBC by performance and time assumption. Is JDBC
can manage your real time? I don't know exactly.

Posted by Dmitry Ulanov <du...@gmail.com>.
iBatis like any JDBC will work by timer (quartz library). For example, you
can set it to fire every second:

from("quartz://CurrencyRates/secondAttempt/1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,...,59/*/*/*/*/$")
.to("ibatis:statement?statementType=QueryForList")...

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 2:46 PM, titexe <ti...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> you're right, the best solution is to use triggers
>
> DB [Triggers -> Stored Procedure ->. Net (put in the tail)] -> Queue ->
> [Camel (Get Message) -> (Insert to DB)]
>
> my question is: is that iBatis will offer a solution in relation to my
> problem?

No triggers a native in the Database. You have to setup the triggers
inside the database.
You do this using a SQL like syntax that is specific for your database.

You can talk with the people in your organization that works with
databases for help.

iBatis is used from Java to access the database. It cannot use triggers.

Posted by titexe <ti...@yahoo.Fr>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 7:41 PM, titexe <ti...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We would like to copy in real time the inserted records in a database to
> another,
>
> my question is: the component ibatis camel can manage this mode(real time)?

People can solve this in the DB itself by using triggers to copy data
from one table to another.
Then its "real time"

> Best regards,
>
> titexe
>
> PS : I bought your book camel in action, it has served me well, I wish you
> good continuation

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 7:41 PM, titexe <ti...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We would like to copy in real time the inserted records in a database to
> another,
>
> my question is: the component ibatis camel can manage this mode(real time)?
>
> Best regards,
>
> titexe
>
> PS : I bought your book camel in action, it has served me well, I wish you
> good continuation
> --

Great the book was targeted for the Camel community :)

I assume you got the MEAP edition, and please provide any feedback or
critics etc. on the Manning forum.
As we are still working on the chapters and TOC anything is open for
changes. In fact we are aware that chapter 1 need an overhaul for the
next time.

Manning Author Online forum
http://www.manning-sandbox.com/forum.jspa?forumID=601

Claus Ibsen