Posted to user@struts.apache.org by robinbajaj <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/31 02:44:57 UTC

[s2] maven-tomcat-plugin with struts2

<<My (last) original post got accidentally attached to another thread , so
re-posting my pending issue. apologize for any confusion>>

I  just started using the maven 2 tomcat plugin from
http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-plugin/introduction.html
It works by default using tomcat 5.5 server.
Is there a way to make mvn tomcat plugin to use tomcat v6 in this case,
instead of tomcat 5.5.
Since I would rather like to work in tomcat 6 than tomcat 5.5

And i notice the mvn script downloads tomcat's related jars (just like any
other dependency in pom.xml)
in C:\Documents and Settings\<user-name>\.m2\repository\tomcat  (on windows
box).

a) how can I make it download tomcat 6 stuff instead of tomcat 5.5

b) And even while using the tomcat 5.5, i am trying to follow this link that
explains how to set up manager application access
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/manager-howto.html#Configuring%20Manager%20Application%20Access

its asking for Catalina_base and Catalina_home variables etc. Where in the
above path (m2 repository)
would be my catalina_base and Catalina_home.

c) is there some way that I can make the maven build script put the stuff in
my locally installed
tomcat v6 server (say c:\tomcat6\webapps) . In that case, I can easily setup
the hot deploy stuff
using the link mentioned above.

thanks a lot in advance for any helpful pointers,
robin