Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by gupabhi <ab...@morganstanley.com> on 2008/04/23 18:59:35 UTC

Bug in ActiveMQ? - Can read only if one QueueReceiver is open

Hi,
    Following is what I'm  doing.
1.  I create a connection using the ActiveMQ connectionFActory (VM).
2.a.  I create a non transacted-session,
2.b.  A queue from the session and then
2.c.  I create a QueueReceiver from that session as follows:
       requestQueueReceiver = nonTxSession.createReceiver(requestQueue);

3.  I then use springs DefaultMessageListenerContainer to read message from
the same queue. Internally it basically creates a consumer for the queue and
reads from it.  (it does all this in a transaction)

When doing this, even if there are messages in that queue. The consumer does
not receive any and keeps returing nulls.

At first I could'nt figure out what the problem was. But then if I skipped
step 2.c. above, the problem disappeared.

So, can there not be two consumers create for the same queue?  This seems
like a bug to me.  Is it?

Thanks,
Abhi