Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Devesh Mishra <De...@mastek.com> on 2014/01/24 07:00:23 UTC

Focus in DataGrid

Hi,

I am using Custom AdvanceDataGrid (editable=true) with my custom ItemRenderer with Spark TextInput control. In my datagrid, I have 3 columns and 10 rows i.e.

1st  Column is with my default itemrenderer. (editable=false)
2nd & 3rd Column is with my custom itemrenderer. (editable=true & focusEnabled=true)

What I want to do is to move the focus in column 2 & 3, when I click on tab button. Using tab key, I want to move from first row to last row using tab key within 2nd & 3rd column.

Please let me know, what I need to do programmatically so that I can achieve the same.

Devesh Mishra
Contact: +91-8097032750 / Ext - 5250

MASTEK LTD.
In the US, we're called MAJESCOMASTEK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not that of Mastek Limited, unless specifically indicated to that effect. Mastek Limited does not accept any responsibility or liability for it. This e-mail and attachments (if any) transmitted with it are confidential and/or privileged and solely for the use of the intended person or entity to which it is addressed. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. It is the responsibility of the recipient to run the virus check on e-mails and attachments before opening them. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly delete this e-mail from desktop and server.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Focus in DataGrid

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I thought you wanted to restore an edit session.  Setting
editedItemPosition is how you do that, but maybe there is a deeper
problem.  It sounds like the DG has lost focus so setting
editedItemPosition won't work.  You could set focus to the DG first, or
else try to figure out why something else is taking focus.  And if this
problem only happens with your custom item renderer, you might want to
post the code for your renderer.  Or if you can't do that, try commenting
code out of the renderer until the bad behavior goes away.

-Alex

RE: Focus in DataGrid

Posted by Devesh Mishra <De...@mastek.com>.

Re: Focus in DataGrid

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

RE: Focus in DataGrid

Re: Focus in DataGrid

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

RE: Focus in DataGrid

Posted by Devesh Mishra <De...@mastek.com>.
Alex,

Re: Focus in DataGrid

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: Focus in DataGrid

Posted by Pierre <pi...@gmail.com>.
I once met the similar problem, and then I found I added this in my
itemEditEndHandler:
event.preventDefault();

Wish this help if you are lucky enough :)