Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Jesse Zhou <zh...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/02 05:24:54 UTC

January Monthly Contributors ( for trial )

As earlier discussed(see [1]), the equation for Monthly Contributors is
“S=Z(lines of code changed)+Z(mails sent)”. But on a second thought, I
think each indicator needs to add on a weight. I am thinking of giving code
a 0.9 weight and mail 0.1. Because the code is still a major focus of our
community, and in the meantime, we want to encourage the activity on mail
list, just not as important as the code. So, the final equation would be
S=0.9Z(code)+0.1Z(mail).

And I have already finished calculate the data(the data comes from [2] and
[3]), and according to the result, the person ranked top is
Jackietien97(Yuan Tian) with 9948 lines of code changed and 0 mail sent,
the second place is Alima777(Xiangwei Wei) with 8896 lines changed and 1
mail sent, and the third place is SteveYurongSu with 4921 lines changed and
1 mail sent.

If this equation works for you, then let's congratulate Yuan Tian, Xiangwei
Wei and Yurong Su as the Monthly Contributors of IoTDB for January.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r7985a20f8455f25415cc417be22cf5155526525e1fc3aefda027cc9c%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E

[2]
https://github.com/apache/iotdb/graphs/contributors?from=2020-12-31&to=2021-02-01&type=c