Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Jeanfrancois Arcand <Je...@Sun.COM> on 2009/03/31 18:04:22 UTC

FYI: epoll issue fixed in b54

Salut,

The fix for epoll "File exists" and spinning Selector issue this
community has experienced will be available with jdk7 build 54. I
recommend you test it and report any failure as this "fix" will be
backported to JDK 6 eventually (no idea which version...will report as
soon as I know).

A+

-- Jeanfrancois

Re: FYI: epoll issue fixed in b54

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Victor wrote:
> Hello Jean Francois,
>
> seems JDK 6 update 16 is there,
> is epoll bug fixed in it?
i'm afraid not, looking at the change log :

          *Bug Fixes*

This feature release does not contain any new fixes for security
vulnerabilities to its previous release, Java SE 6 Update 15. Users who
have Java SE 6 Update 15 have the latest security fixes and do not need
to upgrade to this release to be current on security fixes.

I'm wondering why they released this version ...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: FYI: epoll issue fixed in b54

Posted by Victor <dr...@mail333.com>.
Hello Jean Francois,

seems JDK 6 update 16 is there,
is epoll bug fixed in it?

Victor N

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
> Salut,
>
> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>> Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
>>> Salut,
>>>
>>> The fix for epoll "File exists" and spinning Selector issue this
>>> community has experienced will be available with jdk7 build 54. I
>>> recommend you test it and report any failure as this "fix" will be
>>> backported to JDK 6 eventually (no idea which version...will report
>>> as soon as I know).
>>
>> Great ! Nothing expected for Java 5 ?
>
> No, unfortunately. The fix will be available in 6u16 and no more lower
> version.
That should be enough. Java 6 is way better that Java 5 anyway :)

Thanks for the info !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: FYI: epoll issue fixed in b54

Posted by Jeanfrancois Arcand <Je...@Sun.COM>.
Salut,

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Le Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:04:22 -0400,
Jeanfrancois Arcand <Je...@Sun.COM> a écrit :

> Salut,
>
> The fix for epoll "File exists" and spinning Selector issue this
> community has experienced will be available with jdk7 build 54. I
> recommend you test it and report any failure as this "fix" will be
> backported to JDK 6 eventually (no idea which version...will report
> as soon as I know).
>
> A+
>
> -- Jeanfrancois

Merci for the hint, going to add that to the jira issue.
Julien