Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John Pugh <jo...@nortelnetworks.com> on 2003/01/23 09:30:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Service Specific error 1 (WIN NT)

I am running Apache 2.0.39 on a WIN NT4 SP6 machine and all has been well
for some months. This morning I stopped the Apache service to redirect the
access logs by modifying the conf file. I then restarted Apache. It would
not come up and I received the following error message:

"The Apache2 service returned service specific error 1"

I returned the conf file back to its previous condition but it didn't help.
I tried to repair the installation with the install program - didn't work. I
checked the logs - nothing useful. I un-installed Apache and reinstalled it
- no change.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and can you advise. My next step
is to restore the server from a recent backup.

> John
ESN 357-3626 (919-997-3626)
GSIMS: http://gsims.ca.nortel.com <http://gsims.ca.nortel.com>
Interop: http://interoperability <http://interoperability>

RE: [users@httpd] Service Specific error 1 (WIN NT)

Posted by Jeff Cohen <ap...@gej-it.com>.
Suggestion: use the check config tool:

c:\pathto\apache2\bin\Apache.exe -w -t -f c:\pathto\apache2\conf\httpd.conf
-d c:\pathto\apache2

That might help you solving the problem.

Jeff Cohen