Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Renato Cassaca <Re...@l2f.inesc-id.pt> on 2006/03/15 21:17:24 UTC

Log4Cxx and STLPort

I''m using Log4Cxx with STLPort and each time that I checkout Log4cxx I
have to patch src/systemerrwriter.cpp and src/systemoutwriter.cpp and
add the following line:
    #include <stdio.h>

Because "stdout" and "stderr" aren't found at compile time.
I'm not sure if this is a Log4cxx problem (not having all includes) or a
STLPort problem.
Can this be fixed in Log4cxx repository?
Thanks

Re: Log4Cxx and STLPort

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Mar 15, 2006, at 3:05 PM, Andreas Fester wrote:
> Curt, I already changed and checked this, if its ok
> I can simply commit it...

Yep, didn't optimize the includes when addressing bug LOGCXX-126.
Unless there was a new bug issue on the problem, charge it to
LOGCXX-126 in the commit message.

+1

Re: Log4Cxx and STLPort

Posted by Lingyun Tuo <li...@gmail.com>.
We have been using STLport for about half an year. No problem has been
found so far. BTW, our test shows that the speed using STLport is much
faster than using the original STL package in log4cxx.

Lingyun Tuo

Re: Log4Cxx and STLPort

Posted by Andreas Fester <af...@apache.org>.
Renato Cassaca wrote:
> I''m using Log4Cxx with STLPort and each time that I checkout Log4cxx I
> have to patch src/systemerrwriter.cpp and src/systemoutwriter.cpp and
> add the following line:
>    #include <stdio.h>
>
> Because "stdout" and "stderr" aren't found at compile time.

I dont think that its really STLPort related. We switched
from iostream based output to stdio based output recently,
and IMHO the #include <iostream> needs simply be replaced
with #include <stdio.h> in both files.

Curt, I already changed and checked this, if its ok
I can simply commit it...

> I'm not sure if this is a Log4cxx problem (not having all includes) or a
> STLPort problem.
> Can this be fixed in Log4cxx repository?
> Thanks

Best Regards,

	Andreas

Re: Log4Cxx and STLPort

Posted by Andreas Fester <af...@apache.org>.
Renato Cassaca wrote:
> I''m using Log4Cxx with STLPort and each time that I checkout Log4cxx I
> have to patch src/systemerrwriter.cpp and src/systemoutwriter.cpp and
> add the following line:
>    #include <stdio.h>
>
> Because "stdout" and "stderr" aren't found at compile time.

I dont think that its really STLPort related. We switched
from iostream based output to stdio based output recently,
and IMHO the #include <iostream> needs simply be replaced
with #include <stdio.h> in both files.

Curt, I already changed and checked this, if its ok
I can simply commit it...

> I'm not sure if this is a Log4cxx problem (not having all includes) or a
> STLPort problem.
> Can this be fixed in Log4cxx repository?
> Thanks

Best Regards,

	Andreas