Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Daniel R. Ambrosio" <jo...@uol.com.br> on 2003/08/30 00:36:44 UTC

DataType in OJB rc3

Hello everyone,

I was just sitting a whole day to find out the following issue about
data types:

I am quite new to OJB and I am using an internal tool from our company
that builds the repository automatically based on the DDL. This script,
apparently was built to some DB other than Oracle, and it had an error
in the generation: the entries declared in the db as real (for example,
NUMBER(4,2)) were described as "single" in the jdb-type attribute of the
tag field-descriptor. Ok this was our mistake.

The problem is that when I tried do create this object in the DB (using
the ojb classes, of course) the entry simply was not inserted, and no
error or exception was thrown, even if I set the logging level to DEBUG.

Only when I debugged the OJB code myself I realized that this was the
problem.

I don´t know if this was fixed (in case this is not a feature ;)) in rc4
because I could not find the documentation of changes implemented from
rc3 to rc4. But at least a message in the log annoucing that the data
type "xxxx" was not recognized would be enough.

I don´t know if I am missing something here, but I think this might help
a lot during the development process!!

Cheers,
Daniel