Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Peter Nitschke <em...@ace.net.au> on 2007/02/09 16:35:53 UTC

Re[2]: More stock spam + strange cf files

On 9/02/2007 at 10:06 AM Chris Santerre wrote:

> [...]

Pardon my ignorance here, but it is full of mis-spellings and phrases that
you wouldn't normally see, so why not just hit those?
"aid you to know"
"C O S T"
"brroker"
"ama zing"

Peter

Re: Re[2]: More stock spam + strange cf files

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> Pardon my ignorance here, but it is full of mis-spellings and phrases that
> you wouldn't normally see, so why not just hit those?
> "aid you to know"
> "C O S T"
> "brroker"
> "ama zing"
>
> Peter

1) Most people can't spell these days.  These phrases might hit all over the
place on ham.
2) These hadn't been used before in spam (except maybe the cost spelling) so
there was no need for rules for them.

That said, I expect that new rules will show up soon if this isn't a one-off
spam.

        Loren