Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by sblackmon <sb...@apache.org> on 2017/07/15 15:38:23 UTC

Release soon?

Wanted to put out there the idea of doing a release over the next week or so, so whatever new awareness is generated from the presumptive TLP announcement is directed at our latest and greatest.

Specifically, the code in master contains the twitter and instagram API re-implementation on juneau and would be a viable substitute for the twitter4j and jInstagram packages for many developers.  I’d like to emphasize this aspect of the project in the press releases, but I’d hesitate to do so while those classes remain unreleased.

Steve

Re: Release soon?

Posted by Steve Blackmon <sb...@apache.org>.
 Update re release:  I’ve confirmed that all integration tests pass in a
branch with a just opened pull request:

https://github.com/apache/streams/pull/391

There are a few more tickets I think we should close before we release, all
simple:

STREAMS-533: Fix JavaDoc links in streams-provider-twitter (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-533)
STREAMS-538: Switch from incubator SVN to not-incubator GIT for website
publishing (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-538)
STREAMS-539: quick profile should be disabled by default (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-539)
STREAMS-541: Download links are incorrect (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-541)

Consider this a call to help with these tickets and/or volunteer as release
manager :)

Steve

On Oct 12, 2017 at 1:53 AM, Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Not it*

I'm still Rm on Mahout 0.13.1 which never seems to manage to get out the
door.

3 months isn't aweful, but it's about time to start on it. I can help with
testing and bug bash. I'll RM the next one if needed.

On Oct 12, 2017 1:50 AM, "Steve Blackmon" <sb...@apache.org> wrote:

It occurred to me today preparing the board report that we graduated 3
months ago and have not done a release.

Any volunteers who have time to move on this next week or at least before
end of October?

I’m starting a pre-release RAT and IT audit to confirm we’re in good shape
to do the release.

Steve Blackmon
sblackmon@apache.org

On Jul 15, 2017 at 10:41 PM, Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

+1. I know its my due up as a release master, but I'm already in flight on
mahout.

Re: Release soon?

Posted by Steve Blackmon <st...@blackmon.org>.
Hello - there are pull requests covering all of these items open to
apache/streams

Sent from Astro <https://www.helloastro.com> for Mac

Re: Release soon?

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.
Not it*

Re: Release soon?

Posted by Steve Blackmon <sb...@apache.org>.
 That would be terrific.

streams-project on jenkins is blue and there are no pending PRs or bugs to
fix.

streams-examples needs some work before it releases, but there’s no reason
we can’t release streams-project, then cleanup and release streams-examples.

By all means submit a release candidate!

Steve

On Dec 13, 2017 at 6:29 AM, Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Still looking for volunteers on this?

Re: Release soon?