Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com> on 2002/01/03 09:44:50 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] FormattingResults

Hi Jeremias,

The code looks fine. Putting the new classes under apps might not be the
best place, it's already confusing enough.

There is a problem that it doesn't actually compile due to a missing
method on PageSequence.

I also think it should be put in the main branch, possibly in a different
form to go with user agent etc.

Regards,
Keiron.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.
On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:06:47 +0100 Keiron Liddle wrote:
> On 2002.01.03 10:01 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > > There is a problem that it doesn't actually compile due to a missing
> > > method on PageSequence.
> >
> > Oops. Which method?
>
> int getPageCount()

Oh, now I understand. I forgot to include the change for that one.
You'll find it attached.

Cheers
Jeremias M�rki

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
On 2002.01.03 10:01 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > There is a problem that it doesn't actually compile due to a missing
> > method on PageSequence.
>
> Oops. Which method?

int getPageCount()

Re: [PROPOSAL] FormattingResults

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.
Hi Keiron

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 09:44:50 +0100 Keiron Liddle wrote:
> Hi Jeremias,
>
> The code looks fine. Putting the new classes under apps might not be the
> best place, it's already confusing enough.

I guessed that could be a problem. I wasn't that happy with it, either.
But since it has to do with the interface to the outside world I thought
apps would be the most obvious place. I don't care where it finally
lands.

> There is a problem that it doesn't actually compile due to a missing
> method on PageSequence.

Oops. Which method?

> I also think it should be put in the main branch, possibly in a different
> form to go with user agent etc.

Ok. I haven't looked at the main branch for some weeks now, so I don't
know how this would look like. I hope to have time again to do something
for FOP in about two months. Maybe you could drop a mail explaining how
you envision this to be done.

Thanks for having looked at it!