Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Anthony Baker <me...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/09/29 17:20:19 UTC

Set the group on review requests

I was trying to trace the history of a git commit and realized something:  if the group on a review request is not set to ‘geode’ the review information is not communicated to the dev list.

This is really important because:

a) a change is being proposed and all are invited to participate in the discussion and review the change
b) we want to preserve the discussion even if the review board request is removed or discarded.

“If it didn’t happen on a mailing list it didn’t happen” [1]

So please make sure to set the group field on a review board request to ‘geode’.  Thanks!

Anthony

[1] https://community.apache.org/newbiefaq.html