Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by tinhuty he <ti...@hotmail.com> on 2006/06/20 17:08:32 UTC

different application read some config file

I have couple programs that run on different servers. Each program uses the
same AdoNetAppender. Right now I have to have the AdoNetAppender config for
each program, though the AdoNetAppender config is exactly same for each
program.

Is it possible to just put one copy of AdoNetAppender config in a central
place and each program goes there to get the config? If it's possible, I can
just put the config in a network drive and I only have one copy of config to
maintain.

Thanks.
Tin

RE: different application read some config file

Posted by Georg Jansen <Ge...@FaktNet.com>.
Hi Tin,

You can configure log4net to use a centralized configuration file, for
example by using the statement below:

 log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure(new
Uri("c:\\MyCentraleLogConfig.xml"));

Best regards

Georg

http://www.l4ndash.com - Log4Net <http://www.l4ndash.com/>  Dashboard /