Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@tis.hr> on 2004/04/16 07:09:53 UTC

About ListEdit and FormConditional

Hi.

Cam someone tell me is using Foreach and Conditional (instead ListEdit and
FormConditional) inside Form cardinal mistake, or it will prove wrong just
in some rare cases ? I'm asking this because I think a lot of newbies will
make this mistake because of not knowing whole component library well.

Regards,
Vjeran

*****************
Tis.kis d.o.o
Heinzelova 33
10000 Zagreb, CROATIA

Phone: +385 91 2392624

Re: About ListEdit and FormConditional

Posted by Programozás <pr...@hotmail.com>.
You can use Foreach and Conditional if you can guarrantie that the source
and the condition will be the same at render time and at submit time.
Otherwise delegate this work to the framework by using ListEdit and
FormConditional.

For example if the source parameter of your Foreach is the result of a
database query then you should probably use ListEdit because the database
content may change between rendering and submitting therefore the database
query may give a differerent result at submitting (for example a record was
deleted).

Hope this helps.
Norbi