Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by bing <ni...@hotmail.com> on 2011/09/20 05:06:25 UTC

Solr highlighting configuration - hl.simple.pre/hl.simple.post - no effect of change

Hi, all guys,

I am working on tomcat and depend on solr to generate some response and
highlighting, and currently I am handling single term matching.

What I want is to change two properties- hl.simple.pre, hl.simple.post- in
Solr highlighting configuration file, but currently there is no effect of
change after I reboot my tomcat.

*Current highlighting*: <em>matchedTerm </em>
*Change in SolrConfig.xml* :
<formatter name="html" class="org.apache.solr.highlight.HtmlFormatter"
default="true">
    <lst name="defaults">
	 <str name="hl.simple.pre"></str>
     <str name="hl.simple.post"></str>
    </lst>
   </formatter>
  </highlighting>
*Expected*: *matchedTerm *

I feel it is pretty simple and straight-forward, but cannot get it done. So,
if someone can help me out, thank you very much!