Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ruben Gutierrez <in...@webimpact.com.ar> on 2007/07/19 00:03:06 UTC

Getting the Build Results from a Plugin

Hi All,

This is my first message to this list. Before asking this question I
tried finding the answer/solution to my problem searching the web and
different sites, but I couldn't get the info
I needed, and also couldn't find a way to search the archives of this
mailing list, only browse them.

Well, I'm trying to develop a simple Plugin for Maven which will
"publish" the results of the "compile/build" of a project. Something
similar to what the "Publishers" plugin do in CruiseControl. For now,
I will do the "publish" process as simple as emailing the result, but
that's not important right now.

The problem is, I haven't found a simple way to access the build
results from a Mojo.

I see you can get info from Maven populating properties of the mojo
using stuff like:
${project} or ${project.build} , but so far I haven't found anything
that would tell me about the build results.
I've seen there's this class
"org.apache.maven.project.MavenProjectBuildingResult" which seems to
at least tell you whether the build was or not successful, but I'm not
sure when, how or by whom that class is used.

I'm kind of clueless right now :-/

Can anyone help me telling where to look or what to read, or if what I
want to do is possible at all?

Thanks in advance,

--
Ruben Gutierrez
Tel: (+54 - 11) 4300-8055

Re: Getting the Build Results from a Plugin

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@oqube.com>.
"Ruben Gutierrez" <in...@webimpact.com.ar> writes:

> The problem is, I haven't found a simple way to access the build
> results from a Mojo.

Hello,
I am not the most competent to answer but from a strictly logical
point of view, what you are requesting seems very difficult: How can you know
if the build is successful from within it :) ?

> I'm kind of clueless right now :-/
>
> Can anyone help me telling where to look or what to read, or if what I
> want to do is possible at all?

I would also like to know if this is possible.

my 1/2 ct.
--
OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.