Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Grange, John" <Jo...@uk.thalesgroup.com> on 2007/03/13 16:03:46 UTC

Oracle ADF faces not working with MyFaces

Hi,

I'm trying to get oracle ADF faces to work with MyFaces, in a portlet
environment using apache portals bridge, but none of my adf components are
being rendered.  I get the following message in my log files:

WARN  HtmlRenderKitImpl - Unsupported component-family/renderer-type:
oracle.adf.Command/oracle.adf.Button
2007-03-13 14:49:51.293 WARNING Could not find renderer for
CoreCommandButton[CommandButtonFacesBean,
id=_172_26_82_13_3db76027_1114b717aeb__7ffb_idJsp1], rendererType =
oracle.adf.Button

Having stepped through the initialisation in a debugger, I can see that the
oracle.adf.core renderkit is being set up with the adf components, but it
does not appear to be called during the render phase.

my faces_config.xml contains the following adf magic:
  <application>
    <default-render-kit-id>oracle.adf.core</default-render-kit-id>
  </application>
  <lifecycle>

<phase-listener>oracle.adf.controller.faces.lifecycle.ADFPhaseListener</phas
e-listener>
  </lifecycle>

and I seem to have all the relevant filters, etc set up in my web.xml

Help, please!!!

Regards,

John Grange

Thales UK Ltd (Wells) DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail
is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for
the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is
unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy,
circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in
this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful. We may monitor all
e-mail communications through our networks. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please inform us immediately on +44 (0) 1749 672081 and delete it
and all copies from your system. We accept no responsibility for changes to
any e-mail which occur after it has been sent.  Attachments to this e-mail
may contain software viruses which could damage your system.  We therefore
recommend you virus-check all attachments before opening. A business of
Thales UK Ltd. Registered Office: 2 Dashwood Lang Road, The Bourne Business
Park, Addlestone, Weybridge, Surrey KT15 2NX Registered in England No.
868273

Re: Oracle ADF faces not working with MyFaces

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
well... that is not really true.

ADF Faces does work on MyFaces (MyFaces is the impl. of the spec)
There were some issues with ADF and Tomahawk (both are JSF component sets).
The current Tomahawk works with Trinidad, the donation of ADF Faces to
the Apache Software Foundation.

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

RE: Oracle ADF faces not working with MyFaces

Posted by Mark Millman <ma...@mizar.com>.
Oracle contributed ADF to Apache last year and you'll find the "new and
improved" version in Trinidad.  Trinidad plays better with MyFaces.
Someone else from our group (Mark Robinson) posted an ADF Skin for Trinidad
to the adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org list a month or so ago.  If you
can't find it email me and I'll send it along to you.

Mark

mark.millman@mizar.com | www.mizar.com | (360) 945-2643

http://www.blincmagazine.com  <http://www.blincmagazine.com>
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/djmick_dot_com
http://www.thumpradio.com  <http://www.thumpradio.com>
---

Re: Oracle ADF faces not working with MyFaces

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.

--
---

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Which version of Tomahawk are you on,
there were severe code customisations
around christmas to make both frameworks more compatible to each other.