Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Taylor Dondich <td...@majiknetworks.com> on 2003/12/22 18:53:55 UTC

[users@httpd] UPDATE: Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 w/ SSL and mod_vhost_alias, can this be done?

Well, I've further looked into the problem, and here's what I can tell.

When I have only 1 ip address on my server, and apache2 running on it,
with Listen 80 in httpd.conf with mod_vhost_alias running, and then
Listen 443 in ssl.conf with a virtualhost definition like this:

<VirtualHost 64.89.232.200:443>

#  General setup for the virtual host
DocumentRoot "/virtuals/netnevada.net/secure/public_html"
ServerName secure.netnevada.net:443
ServerAdmin admin@datacomhotel.net
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd-error_log
TransferLog /var/log/httpd-access_log
SSLEngine on
SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL

SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/etc/apache2/ssl.crt/secure.netnevada.net.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile
/usr/local/etc/apache2/ssl.key/secure.netnevada.net.key

<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>
<Directory "/usr/local/www/cgi-bin">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
         nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
         downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

</VirtualHost>

Everything works.  But as soon as I put another ip address on the same
network card (same subnet), then change the VirtualHost entry to have
that ip address, I get Invalid Request error when trying to pull up the
ssl site.

Any ideas?

Taylor