Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/08 08:19:13 UTC

Changing usage semantics of samples/client/interoptests/base/InteropBaseClient.cpp

Hi Sanjaya,
    You have changed the usage semntics of base sample to
./base <server> <port>

    This was the old style.

    With some effort, some time back, I had changed this to
./base [-? | service_url]
    To help it to be tested with both Axis C++ and Axis Java services without changing the source.

    We also had some discussions on the mailing list on using service_url as the commandline
argument for samples, rather than using <server> <port> dual, because using service_url we can run
the same client with different service urls.

    I understand that the current test scripts expect the sample to use <server> <port>.
    However, service URL is the most flexible.

    Hence I propose using service_url.

Samisa...

http://messenger.yahoo.com

Re: Changing usage semantics of samples/client/interoptests/base/InteropBaseClient.cpp

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.

This is too much. What I want to do is to copy the URL from the browser and paste it as arg to
client.

More arguments means less user friendly. (as a user, I simply do not want to type in 3 args)

As we have postponed the release, we can go ahead and change the other samples to use single end
point url as command line arg.

Samisa...

http://vote.yahoo.com

Re: Changing usage semantics of samples/client/interoptests/base/InteropBaseClient.cpp

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Is it OK if I change the usage semantics back to ./base [-? | service_url]?

Samisa...

http://vote.yahoo.com

Re: Changing usage semantics of samples/client/interoptests/base/InteropBaseClient.cpp

Posted by Andrew Perry2 <PE...@uk.ibm.com>.

+1
And also implement the service_url argument for the
auto_build/testcases/clients/... too for the same reason.

Andrew Perry
Clients for Web Service Stack
perryan@uk.ibm.com
Mail Point 127
IBM UK Laboratories. Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN
Tel. Internal 249828  External + 44 (0)1962 819828
Fax. + 44(0)1962 818080

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
             08/10/2004 07:19                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Changing usage semantics of
              "Apache AXIS C           samples/client/interoptests/base/In
             Developers List"          teropBaseClient.cpp