Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Alexey Kakunin <ka...@muromoi.net> on 2005/08/01 11:17:49 UTC

Ant file dependency

Hello all!

I'm quite new in ant, actuallyI'm migrating from make.
Seems it is really great tool, but I have some (probably very stupid)
question.

For example, I have a target for compiling something by using
idl-compiler. To do it I should use exec task to make SomeFile.h from
SomeFile.idl. But I want to call this exec only in case the SomeFIle.idl
was changed (has later timestamp comparing to SomeFile.h). In this case
I have some sort of file dependency  (not a target dependency) - file
SomeFile.h depends from SomeFile.idl.

Is it possible to implement this sort of dependency in ant?

With best Regards,
Alexey Kakunin

Re: Ant file dependency

Posted by Nicolas Vervelle <ni...@steria.com>.
Hi,

check <uptodate> to set a property, and use unless in the target ;)

Hope this helps,
Nicolas