Posted to user@struts.apache.org by xianwinwin <xi...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/24 23:15:46 UTC

ajax validation - how to tell the user where is the problem?

Hi,

I'm using the ajax theme and I wonder if anyone can assist in the validation
issue.
When the user clicks 'Update' and everything goes well, a message- "Update
successfully" is shown next to the update button.

when the user enter an invalid data - the validation interceptor kicks in
and a message- "ou have an error in the date entry!" is placed next to the
update button.

My question is this: how can I inform the user where is the problem?
say my form has:

1. name
2. dob

and the problem is in the dob format - how can I tell where the user was
wrong and advise him/her accordingly?

Thank you!!

configuration:
<result name="input">/pages/registration/error.jsp</result>
<result name="confirm-ajax">/pages/registration/confirm.jsp</result>

error.jsp

<%
    request.setAttribute("decorator", "none");
    response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache"); //HTTP 1.1
    response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache"); //HTTP 1.0
    response.setDateHeader ("Expires", 0); //prevents caching at the proxy
server
%>

you have an error in the date entry!