Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ben Hogan <bw...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/17 06:29:39 UTC

problem with Constant Timer!

Hi guys,

The Constant Timer is adding all its times up and pausing after each request,

but we want it to pause just after SOME requests.. any ideas?

Some background:

We want to simulate a "real" load (a thread does some work every 30
seconds or so), but we want times for a series of steps during that
work (using a simple controller).

--
Ben Hogan
http://geekbeers.blogspot.com

Re: problem with Constant Timer!

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
A trick I have used to good effect -

To simulate the overall delay of a user plus the instantaneous retrieval
of multiple page-embedded resources (when not using the "parse images"
option), I often group such requests under one controller, and then
include within that controller a constant timer with a large negative
value.  The overall timer for the test might be a gaussian.  This has
the effect that any samplers not in these sub-controllers (with negative
timers) are delayed normally, while the samplers in the controllers are
not delayed.  The negative numbers are summed with the positive - any
result less than zero results in no delay.

-Mike

Posted by Ben Hogan <bw...@gmail.com>.