Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Mohammed Nour <no...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/14 12:47:38 UTC

[Build] Suggestion about adding new goals

Hi All...

During my long trial to build G, I was checking out TranQl and Geronimo-Spec
and building them all manually before starting G build. I am wondering why
not to add new goals or changing the current goals so these tasks can be
done while building G.

*Thanks and best regards*
*Mohammad Nour El-Din*

Re: [Build] Suggestion about adding new goals

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jun 14, 2006, at 3:51 AM, Mohammed Nour wrote:

> I you agreed I would like to do it myself :)
>
> On 6/14/06, Mohammed Nour <no...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All...
> During my long trial to build G, I was checking out TranQl and
> Geronimo-Spec and building them all manually before starting G
> build. I am wondering why not to add new goals or changing the
> current goals so these tasks can be done while building G.

There are two goals (new0 and new00) to build tranql bits as part of
new.  At one time tranql was checked out as part of m:co.  I think
the idea with the specs being separate is that they basically don't
change.

So, some of what you want used to be here and got removed.  I think
that there will always be forces in both directions.  I would discuss
exactly what you plan to do to try to get buy-in from as many people
as possible.

One approach you might consider is a new uber-project that checks out
all the bits using svn extensions and provides an uber-pom to build
everything.

I would pursue this only with maven2

thanks
david jencks