Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by mredding <MR...@wmsgaming.com> on 2006/09/14 17:41:26 UTC

Unresolved external symbols (Win XP, VS 2005 Express)

Hello All,

I am trying to build a sample application as listed here under
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/program-dom.html "XercesDOMParser -
Constructing a XercesDOMParser"  on Windows XP using Visual Studio Express
2005.  Unfortunatly, I am getting 31 unresolved externals.  As an example:

Error	3	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: static char * __cdecl xercesc_2_7::XMLString::transcode(wchar_t
const * const)" (__imp_?transcode@XMLString@xercesc_2_7@@SAPADQB_W@Z)
referenced in function __catch$_main$0	main.obj

Now mind you, "XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();" and
"XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate();" link and work just fine.  There was an
example program  http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/program.html here  that
demonstrates the initialize and shutdown of Xerces.  The only addition to
the project was linking the "xerces-c_2.lib" library.

Before hand, I downloaded xerces-c-windows_2000-msvc_60.zip.  I then added
C:\xerces-c-windows_2000-msvc_60\bin to my PATH.  Further, I added
"C:\xerces-c-windows_2000-msvc_60\bin",
"C:\xerces-c-windows_2000-msvc_60\Include", and
"C:\xerces-c-windows_2000-msvc_60\lib" to my "executable", "include", and
"library" properties in VS.  I also added the libraries "xerces-c_2.lib" and
"xerces-depdom_2.lib" to my project.  The project is using the \MTd
multithreading switch.

I attempted to add XERCES_STATIC_LIBRARY to my preprocessor as I had read in
an older thread, but to no avail.  I beleive Xerces uses ATL, so I also
staticly linked those in the project as well, to no avail (I know this
wasn't going to fix the problem, but I'm getting a little disparate).

So I'm running out of ideas.  I'm rolling through the *.hpp files looking
for a hint, but a helpful suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Unresolved external symbols (Win XP, VS 2005 Express)

Posted by mredding <MR...@wmsgaming.com>.
SOB.  That fixed it.  I would never have even thought of that.

Thank you.

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.