Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/05 17:02:48 UTC

jcs and tomee

Hi guys

didnt get much feedback about this one so let's try another time.

The question is: what do we do for JCache. Strictly speaking it is not in
the spec but do we add it in plus distrib?

If yes there is another question: do we use JCS or Ignite?

personally I am almost tempted to remove it but having it has some
advantages as well

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Re: jcs and tomee

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jg...@tomitribe.com>.
Very nice! I'll give that a go.

Jon

Re: jcs and tomee

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: jcs and tomee

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jg...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: jcs and tomee

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.
Really good promo if that works out.

Re: jcs and tomee

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: jcs and tomee

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: jcs and tomee

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Well hazelcast has 3 issues:

Re: jcs and tomee

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: jcs and tomee

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
> Means we can use jaxrs 1.1 in tomee 1.7 br1nch for instance?

Yes this seems exactly what Oracle and IBM seem to do. And Oracle does it even for ‚final‘ releases. I have no clue how they manage to pass the signature tests though. Probably we are fine with just have backward compat signatures.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: jcs and tomee

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: jcs and tomee

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: jcs and tomee

Re: jcs and tomee

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

> an example would be that we have a cluster of web servers providing
> mulitlanguage dynamic forms (based on primefaces ext dynaforms) to both jsf
> clients and javascript clients. The cost of building forms in terms of
> time,
> is quite big so the only way of making it smooth is by using a multicast
> (jcs) cache.
> Several ways of managing the cache, but we ended up using a jms queue for
> forced cache updates.

surely not the right list but wonder why jms? jcs supports the distribution

Re: jcs and tomee

Re: jcs and tomee

Posted by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: jcs and tomee

Re: jcs and tomee

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Just few notes for people not having checked:

- ignote = 6M
- jcs = 700K

keeping it means we need to filter provider to support overrides (not a big
deal we already do for other stuff)

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Re: jcs and tomee