Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Matthias Broecheler <me...@matthiasb.com> on 2015/04/15 00:54:39 UTC

GraphTraversalSource.addV

What does this method do? I was under the impression that it would add a
vertex to the graph but that does not seem to be the case.

Thanks,
Matthias

Re: GraphTraversalSource.addV

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

It adds a vertex to the graph. But you have to iterate the pipeline.

	g.addV(key,value,key,value).next()

Why does this exist off of GraphTraversalSource you ask? Well, thats a good question -- it adds a single vertex to the graph and thus, is not "spawned" from g.V() or g.E(). Thus, its the third and last Traversal method off of GraphTraversalSource.

Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com