Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by David S Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2013/05/28 04:10:45 UTC

roadmap

I updated the roadmap, it was a bit too aggressive. This revision tries to
keep 2.2.3 release confined to a theme of "upgrading to latest versions..."
mainly:

- Java 1.6
- Tomcat 7
- Servlet 3.0
- Maven 3

I also added JBoss AS 7 as an intended target, as I believe it is a very
good release of their application server and deserves attention. If JBoss
proves to be too difficult to integrate with, I may back off.

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/roadmap.html

The roadmap is a starting point. Of course, please add any task or feature
you' d like to implement or sign up for an existing one listed. The
timeframe is the dates I'd like to hit, we all know how that goes in
reality. For the health and future of the project, I believe we should try
to release twice per year.

--
David

Re: roadmap

Posted by David S Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Yes, thanks for the reminder. I added it to the roadmap and updated the
live site

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 6:00 AM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com

Re: roadmap

Posted by David S Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
yes, it appears those two portlets were never migrated. We can discuss the
future implementation of Administrative portlets when we start planning for
2.2.4. Agreed. I've created a JIRA issue to track it and assigned it to
myself for version 2.2.4:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1282

--
David