Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Joel Greenyer <jg...@s-und-n.de> on 2004/05/26 14:05:24 UTC

Compile Error building TWS under Linux

Hello,
after successfully building TWS under Windows with the helping note from
Peter Nevermann:

>Hello Joel,
>
>we were forced to make fixes for TWS (TWS421_BRANCH) in the
>SLIDE_2_0_RELEASE_BRANCH *after* the final release of Slide 2.0 ...
>sorry! Therefore please check-out the current state of the
>SLIDE_2_0_RELEASE_BRANCH and compile against that one. Please let me
>know in case you encounter more problems.
>
>Regards,
>Peter

(maybe such information could be included in the readme file some time...)

... I run into a problem building TWS under Linux:
Does anybody have experience with that?

 There seems to be a problem with the file format of a shell script
"proposals/tamino/build/tree/bin/inodavstores.sh: line 12: syntax error:
unexpected end of file"
This script is created in the build process and seems to be created
dynamically, so I don't really know the source of this problem.

One thing that I'm not sure about is the binary distribution of the
tomcat that needs to be available as a .zip file. Could this be the
source of the problem, since it is build for windows? I build Slide
under Linux as it is in the SLIDE_2_0_RELEASE_BRANCH before building TWS.

Thanks for your help

Joel