Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/04 19:00:48 UTC

performance tests for PersistenceManager(s)

hi guys,

I've been looking at adding a new test to the performance suite, for the
PersistenceManager.
This will help with evaluating the impact of the statistics code I'm working
on.

The test should be simple enough: add 1000 nodes, each containing a property
with 10KB of data.

The problem is now that the PM implementations have changed, so providing a
test that will work with all of JR's versions is impossible. I've managed to
build one for the base version (1.6.2) using the InMemPersistenceManager
which fails for JR 1.0, thus failing the entire test suite.

What is the best way to exclude a test from a version down? (or include it
from a version up, for that matter :)

It will probably have to take into account that with the code's evolution
also came some improvements, which the test cannot leverage if the JR
version is fixed at 1.6, so it would be interesting to have different
versions of the test for different JR versions.

thanks,
alex

Re: performance tests for PersistenceManager(s)

Posted by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com>.
ah nice, how could I have missed that?
but it doesn't fix the NoClassDefFoundError errors that you get when writing
tests for a newer version of the api.

what do you think about pushing the jr core version to 2.0 on the perf base?
are we still writing tests for 1.6?

... and adding junit as a dependency to the test suite. This is just nice to
have, so I can run the tests directly from Eclipse ;)
it would not change anything, we'd just add the @Test from junit too, so
Eclipse would be happy to run any test for you.

thanks,
alex

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,