Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Dris <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2007/06/13 20:36:03 UTC

Problem with JMSXGroupFirstForConsumer

I am using message groups with 4.1.1 and NMS. I am finding that
JMSXGroupFirstForConsumer is not being set reliably for the first message
with a given groupId. I cannot as yet see any pattern in the failures. I
have tried just setting the groupId to i.ToString() in a loop for example
and after getting around 220 messages with JMSXGroupFirstForConsumer set, I
then start to receive every tenth one without it set. I have also tried
using GUIDs and the pattern of errors is understandably more random. I have
some test code I can post, but I was wondering if anyone else had observed
any similar behaviour. Messages do seem to be being delivered to consumers
correctly however, it is just that the first message in each group isn't
always flagged as such.

Re: Retrieving stats for a particular queue

Posted by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au>.
James Strachan wrote:
> On 6/14/07, Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can get the TotalXXXCounts statistics from the BrokerView but was
>> wondering how I can retrieve the same stats for a particular queue.
>
> Just grab the MBeans from JMX?
thxs. is there info on how to go about doing this ?

cheers
</jima>

Re: Retrieving stats for a particular queue

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
James
-------

EnqueueCounter doesn't seem to be counting correctly.

Posted by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au>.
The TotalEnqueueCounter, in BrokerView class seems to be incrementing
even when I don't send messages to the broker. Has anyone else
experienced this. The dequeue and queued counters seem to be operating
as expected.

cheers
</jima>

Retrieving stats for a particular queue

Re: QueueSender question

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
Create an anonymous sender by specifying a null destination in the
createSender method and specify the actual destination in each send.

QueueSender question

Re: Problem with JMSXGroupFirstForConsumer

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 6/13/07, Dris <ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am using message groups with 4.1.1 and NMS. I am finding that
> JMSXGroupFirstForConsumer is not being set reliably for the first message
> with a given groupId. I cannot as yet see any pattern in the failures. I
> have tried just setting the groupId to i.ToString() in a loop for example
> and after getting around 220 messages with JMSXGroupFirstForConsumer set, I
> then start to receive every tenth one without it set. I have also tried
> using GUIDs and the pattern of errors is understandably more random. I have
> some test code I can post, but I was wondering if anyone else had observed
> any similar behaviour. Messages do seem to be being delivered to consumers
> correctly however, it is just that the first message in each group isn't
> always flagged as such.

Maybe something's gotten broken.

It'd be great to write up the code you're running as a JUnit test case
and add it to the distro to ensure this feature keeps working.

--
James
-------