Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2009/06/29 00:30:56 UTC

t5: T5 friendly e commerce software?

Hi,
looking for an eCommerce software in Java, is there a 'Tapestry 5 friendly'
one? to make it clear, I'm quite comfortable in Tapestry5 and like it very
much, however, making an eCommerce software from scratch will be a big task,
abandoning T5 for this coming project is something I don't like to happen,
any suggestions to have T5 and an existing e Commerce software working
together? Thanks,

A.C.

Re: t5: T5 friendly e commerce software?

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi Lutz,

toplicht.de looks good, that's the kind of ecommerce site I'm thinking
about, yes I'd like to contribute as long as it is already in T5, I know
nothing about t4 or earlier.

Angelo

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.
We also have been discussing open-sourcing our eCommerce platform. Our
company is porting current Struts/Spring implementation to Tapestry 5.
Our current sites, which are being ported are:

www.chdist.com
www.avenuesupply.ca
www.industrialsupplies.com

All three run on the same platform, customized deployment. We are
planning on launching T5 version early 2012 of these sites, after
which we may open source it due to small internal team.

Our T5 ported platform is designed from scratch with possibility of
open sourcing in mind.

Open Source: T5 (application) - API (business logic)

Keep closed source: our EJB implementation of the API

So initially, unless community implements API, the system would not
run. The management here has no interest of sponsoring public API
implementation, so community would have to pick that up...

Adam

Posted by Ben Gidley <be...@gidley.co.uk>.
If you are after billing and subscriptions you should consider something
like Zuora. They offer eCommerce as a SaaS and it is basically just a
webservices API to let you get the data to render.

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Erol Akarsu <ea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lutz,
>
> Do you have plan to share surce code of your web site
> ,http://www.toplicht.de/, written with Tapestry?
>
> I would be interested in researching to build my own web site.
>
> Thanks

Ben Gidley

www.gidley.co.uk
ben@gidley.co.uk

Re: t5: T5 friendly e commerce software?

Posted by Lutz Hühnken <lh...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Angelo,