Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org> on 2003/07/03 17:03:58 UTC

xpointer schemes namespace

Hi,

I'm working on a new xpointer scheme to allow streaming inclusion of a
part of another XML file. It will allow things like:

test.xml#xmlns(c=X)c:elementpath(/html/body)

Which will include the content of the /html/body tag without requiring
building a DOM.

The xpointer framework spec requires custom schemes to be in a namespace
(the X in the above example), so I propose to use:

http://apache.org/cocoon/xpointer

which follows the same format as our other namespace URI's.

I'm posting this here FYI, since in a previous discussion it was kind of
agreed upon to announce the introduction of new namespaces.