Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Shane Curcuru <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/23 00:13:49 UTC

Re: What is the "Native" output of XSLT

I'm not sure I understand your question.  In one way, it's XML - XSLT
is expressed in XML, and the 'rules' of XMLness are prevalent
throughout stylelsheet processing and transformation.

If you mean format of input/output as in SAX/DOM/Streams, then it all
depends on your application.  The JAXP and TrAX APIs make it very
simple to pass in whatever Source object and get whatever other type of
Result you want, in any mix.  DOMs will tend to be fast once they're
built, but will tend to take up lots of memory.  SAX and Streams will
often behave the same - fairly quick throughput and lower memory
consumption.  (Xalan effectively asks the parser to use SAX as input if
you give us a Stream most of the time).

- Shane

=====
<eof aka="mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com"
 BartSays="Nobody reads these anymore."/>

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1