Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2004/09/09 08:42:41 UTC

project sitemap variables

There are some variables that we can use in the *.xmap files.

For example: <map:generate src="{project:status}"/>

What is the full list of such "project:*" variables?

--
David Crossley

Re: Extending xmaps (was Re: project sitemap variables)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Ross Gardler wrote:

<snip/>

>> In the end I realised that since the local sitemap.xmap extension is
>> processed before all other matchers I could just put everything in the
>> project sitemap.xmap file.
>

> Yup, this was my suggestion :-)

<snip/>

> If you cannot do this for some reason, I'd prefer that we can see
> together what makes the single user sitemap system not up to snuff for
> your needs.

Fair enough, I can't see any reason why it will not work, I'll try it now.

Ross

Re: Extending xmaps (was Re: project sitemap variables)

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I can't seem to find this in  the archives, but I expect it is to do
> with adding the skin extension system to linkmap.xmap and tabs.xmap. I
> did wonder about doing it the way I did, in fact last night I had the
> need to extend forrest.xmap as well and felt this was going a step too
> far and was the top of the slippery slope to adding all the xmap files
> as properties in cocoon.xconf.
>
> In the end I realised that since the local sitemap.xmap extension is
> processed before all other matchers I could just put everything in the
> project sitemap.xmap file.

Yup, this was my suggestion :-)

I prefer to keep a single user sitemap, because this does not expose our
internal structure to the user: the only contracts are expected
filenames AFAIK.

If you cannot do this for some reason, I'd prefer that we can see
together what makes the single user sitemap system not up to snuff for
your needs.

> Would people be more comfortable with me doing this with the
> linkmap.xmap and tabs.xmap extensions as well? I'll make the changes if
> this is the general consensus.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Extending xmaps (was Re: project sitemap variables)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
 Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> >> What is the full list of such "project:*" variables?
>
> I think that before defining them as our contract, we should get to make
> the 0.7 changes.

Good point. I wonder what we need to review to ensure
that we do not mistakenly make some contracts with the
upcoming 0.6 release.

The forrest.properties springs to mind.

Also you raised an issue with Ross about exposing too
many access points with the sitemap mechanism.

> In fact, some of them will be useless by then, as we
> will use a locationmap.

You beauty!

> In any case, they are all defined and hence listed in cocoon.xconf.

Thanks, that is what i needed now.

Re: project sitemap variables

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
thorsten wrote:

> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> There are some variables that we can use in the *.xmap files.
>>
>> For example: <map:generate src="{project:status}"/>
>>
>> What is the full list of such "project:*" variables?

I think that before defining them as our contract, we should get to make
the 0.7 changes. In fact, some of them will be useless by then, as we
will use a locationmap.

In any case, they are all defined and hence listed in cocoon.xconf.

> In addtion:
> How can I create a list of all site:*, ext:*, ...?
>
> Think in cooperate development or os-projects that work together on a
> project. Each person has to know which links (site:*) are possible!

linkmap.html shows all the links in the linkmap. I'll enhance it to show
the short name to use for linking.

Posted by thorsten <th...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> There are some variables that we can use in the *.xmap files.
>
> For example: <map:generate src="{project:status}"/>
>
> What is the full list of such "project:*" variables?

In addtion:
How can I create a list of all site:*, ext:*, ...?

Think in cooperate development or os-projects that work together on a
project. Each person has to know which links (site:*) are possible!

thorsten