Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by suren <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2013/12/19 16:56:55 UTC

Not able to query strings ending with special characters.

Unable to query strings ending with special characters, it is skipping the
last special character and giving the results. I am including the string in
double quotes.

For example i am unable to query strings like "JOHNSON &", "PEOPLES'".
It queries well for "JOHNSON & SONS", "PEOPLES' SELF-HELP"

I tried giving following values in fq field in solr UI.
ORGANIZATION_NAM:"peoples'"
ORGANIZATION_NAM:"peoples\'"

I am also getting same results from solrj.

my schema
<field name="ORGANIZATION_NAM" type="text_general" indexed="true"
stored="false"  multiValued="false" />

Re: Not able to query strings ending with special characters.

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
That's a feature of the standard tokenizer. You'll have to use a field type
which uses the white space tokenizer to preserve special characters.

-- Jack Krupansky