Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Stefan Bogdan Cimpeanu <bo...@cimpeanu.org> on 2020/08/13 22:44:55 UTC

Mapped drive issues - same file name

Hello all,

We’re experiencing a bug with the mapped drive feature. If you paste a file with the same name (or twice), in the Download folder of the mapped drive, the first time the file comes through, but the second time there’s an error saying file is not found on the source location.
This happens with Windows machines.

Is this a known bug and are there any possible fixes?

Regards,
Bogdan

Re: Mapped drive issues - same file name

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 4:09 PM Stefan Bogdan Cimpeanu <bo...@cimpeanu.org>
wrote:

> Hello Mike,
>
> Appreciate the fast answer.
>
> In our setup we have multiple guacamole servers, which are grouped
> geographically due to legal reasons, especially around this mapped drive
> feature.
> For group A, we use a shared folder A, where users get their own subfolder
> with their guacamole user name, for group B a different shared folder B,
> and so on.
>
> This behaviour is only for one fo the groups, although all groups are
> being deployed identically.
> Here’s a short (and terribly cropped) sample of the behaviour
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QnYCBL-cAk&feature=youtu.be. This is not
> VM specific, as all VM’s going to this particular guacamole group,
> experience this behaviour. We’re using Azure storage for the shared folders.

Well ... I'm not sure what might be happening there, but it is not possible
for Guacamole (which manages the drive receiving the file) to affect
whether Windows believes its own local file exists. I suggest investigating
further to try to identify a difference between the Windows machine/group
that is working vs. the Windows machine/group that is not. I do not believe
this behavior is related to Guacamole in any way, as the error you're
seeing relates to a resource that is entirely outside Guacamole's scope of
control.

- Mike

Re: Mapped drive issues - same file name

Posted by Stefan Bogdan Cimpeanu <bo...@cimpeanu.org>.
Hello Mike,

Appreciate the fast answer.

In our setup we have multiple guacamole servers, which are grouped geographically due to legal reasons, especially around this mapped drive feature.
For group A, we use a shared folder A, where users get their own subfolder with their guacamole user name, for group B a different shared folder B, and so on.

This behaviour is only for one fo the groups, although all groups are being deployed identically.
Here’s a short (and terribly cropped) sample of the behaviour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QnYCBL-cAk&feature=youtu.be <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QnYCBL-cAk&feature=youtu.be>. This is not VM specific, as all VM’s going to this particular guacamole group, experience this behaviour. We’re using Azure storage for the shared folders.

Cheers,
Bogdan

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.