Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2018/01/10 05:08:06 UTC

Re: [incubator-plc4x] 02/02: Add support for Stings

Hi,

Strings not stings :-) But there is an sting in the tail here in that it’s only really going to work for a single string. If multiple strings are passed I think we would need to come up with some sort of terminating character so that the byte array can be broken up into multiple strings.

We could go with the tradition “NUL” character i.e. value if 0. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [incubator-plc4x] 02/02: Add support for Stings

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Justin,

I think in the driver itself we haven't implemented strings at all yet. It's a generally supported type, but I haven't come across being used to now. Guess we should create JIRA issues for accessing variables of all supported types.

Chris

Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> herunterladen

And I just committed an implementation that uses a nul character to seperate the strings. May be a better way of doing this - feedback welcome.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [incubator-plc4x] 02/02: Add support for Stings

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,