Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "George, Boby" <bo...@fmr.com> on 2010/02/09 12:54:32 UTC

Problem with adding user

Hi,
          I have installed james server in my machine. I have added
couple of users and the send mail and receive mail is working fine for
me..
    But after installing james in another machine and while trying to
add user am getting and exception like the following.

"Exception: Security error: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: SHA
MessageDigest not available"

   I don't remember of facing any issue like this during the first time
when i tried in my machine.!!

Any clue ???

Thanks,

Boby

Important:  This e-mail, including any attachment(s) hereto, is intended
only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It may
contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information or attorney
work product belonging to Fidelity Business Services India Pvt. Ltd.
(FBS India) or its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, or if you have otherwise received this e-mail in error,
please immediately notify the sender via return e-mail and permanently
delete the original mail, any print outs and any copies, including any
attachments. Any dissemination, distribution, alteration or copying of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited. The originator of this e-mail does
not guarantee the security of this message and will not be responsible
for any damages arising from any dissemination, distribution, alteration
or copying of this message and/or any attachments to this message by a
third party or as a result of any virus being passed on. Any comments or
statements made in this are not necessarily those of FBS India or any
other Fidelity entity. All e-mails sent from or to FBS India may be
subject to our monitoring and recording procedures.

RE: Problem with adding user

Posted by "George, Boby" <bo...@fmr.com>.
 Yes ...Thanks
            That was a problem with java home.. The jdk used in the second machine was IBM's.
When I used sun's jdk the issue was solved.. The james server am using is 2.0.2

Thanks
Boby

could you give use some informations about the java version and james
version you are using ?

Thx,
Norman

Re: Problem with adding user

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Boby,

Re: Problem with adding user

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Boby,

just some side note. You should really consider upgrading to james 2.3.2.

Bye,
Norman

RE: Problem with adding user

Re: Problem with adding user