Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> on 2022/12/07 07:45:18 UTC

[VOTE] Retire UIMA DUCC

Hi all,

I propose to retire UIMA DUCC on Dec 21 2022.

The original creators and maintainers of UIMA DUCC are no longer working on it
leaving the codebase unmaintained.

We currently have no CI build set up for UIMA DUCC. We do not know if it remains
compatible with the latest developments in the UIMA Java SDK and nobody has the
resources to be testing it even manually.

As part of retiring this sub-project, I suggest we should:

* remove it from the UIMA website's download section
* remove references to it in general from the UIMA website except maybe
  keeping a reference to the archived downloads
* if the DUCC demo VM is still running, ask INFRA to shut it down
* put up a note in the git repo stating that the project is retired,
  does no longer get updates and may contain bugs or security problems.
* ask INFRA to mark the UIMA DUCC github mirror as archived - or -
  if they prefer remove the github mirror completely only keeping an
  archived mirror at the ASF.

[ ] +1 - go on and retire
[ ] 0  - I don't care
[ ] -1 - do not retire

Note that anybody voting -1 should step up as a new maintainer at the same time.

Best,

-- Richard

Re: [VOTE] Retire UIMA DUCC

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 - go on and retire

-- Richard

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Retire UIMA DUCC

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Sorry, copy past bug: *ALL* versions of UIMA DUCC will be retired.

-- Richard

Re: [VOTE] Retire UIMA DUCC

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
[ x ] +1 - go on and retire