Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Johannes Goll <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/16 17:56:50 UTC

Jason format exception for stats component facet results | stddev value of NaN

Hi,

I am getting a mal-formatted json response when using the
stats component with a facet that returns a stddev value of NaN ,e.g

                  "facet-1":{

                     "min":0.0604898,

                     "max":0.0604898,

                     "sum":1.209796,

                     "count":20,

                     "missing":0,

                     "sumOfSquares":0.0731803180808,

                     "mean":0.0604898,

                     "stddev":NaN

                  },
I have submitted my complete response to

http://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com

and got the following exception:

Warning:Invalid quotes on string for the line with  "stddev":NaN
The Solr response broke my PHP code; replacing "NaN" with 0.0 solved the
issue.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks a lot.
Johannes

Re: Jason format exception for stats component facet results | stddev value of NaN

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I am getting a mal-formatted json response when using the
: stats component with a facet that returns a stddev value of NaN ,e.g

I'm not a JSON expert, but i suspect NaN just isn't legal JSON, and the
JSON response writer has a bug.

quick google search...
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1423081/json-left-out-infinity-and-nan-json-status-in-ecmascript
...suggests that the only valid value is "null"

please file a bug.

-Hoss