Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by jonathan vanasco <jv...@mastersofbranding.com> on 2005/02/13 03:00:55 UTC

(OT ?) issue with get_remote_host

I don't know if this is an issue with mod_perl or libapreq2....

all attempts to get_remote_host error with:
Can't locate auto/Apache/Request/get_remote_.al in @INC

	libapreq2-2.04-dev
	Mac OSX 10.3.7 Darwin
	ModPerl 2.0.RC4 (mod_perl/1.999.21)
	Apache/2.0.52
	Perl/v5.8.1

My friend google seems to say nothing on this -- anyone have a clue?

Re: (OT ?) issue with get_remote_host

Posted by "Ian D. Stewart" <id...@compuvative.com>.
jonathan vanasco wrote:

> I was googling for portions of the  error string, and diving through
> the pages of mod_perl cooking and practical_mod_perl -- i saw nothing.
>
> Google actually had 4 entries, at most, for most portions of the
> error  string, which I found odd.

In addition to using Google to search the web, you can also search
through usenet postings by clicking on the ´Groups´ link at the top of
the search page.  You may get more results that way next time.

Ian

Re: (OT ?) issue with get_remote_host

Posted by jonathan vanasco <jv...@mastersofbranding.com>.
Thank you.  Again.  (I  seem to say that a lot)

I was googling for portions of the  error string, and diving through
the pages of mod_perl cooking and practical_mod_perl -- i saw nothing.

Google actually had 4 entries, at most, for most portions of the error
string, which I found odd.

Anyways -- i'll post this to the list so others can google

Stas's insight + the migration tutorial showed me this:

under mod_perl 2

use Apache::Connection();
use Apache::Compat();
$r->get_remote_host();