Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by John Tranier <tr...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/06 15:17:03 UTC

Desactivate search index ?

Hi,

Is it possible to safely desactivate the search index functionnality of a
Jackrabbit repository ?

I tried to comment the search index block in the workspace.xml :
<!--
<SearchIndex class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">
<param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index"/>
<param name="supportHighlighting" value="true"/>
</SearchIndex>
-->

Everything seems to work fine, but I find this error in the log :
*ERROR* DefaultItemCollection: Failed to retrieve node-specific property:
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: no search manager configured for this
workspace (DefaultItemCollection.java, line 917)

Thanks for your help,
John

Re: Desactivate search index ?

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
The search index is used for queries that are used witihin the core of jackrabbit. Deactivating altogether will break the core code, but you can tune it to remove expensive operations and things that bulk the index out, like tokenizing binary objects and storing the token stream in the index.

There is a doc somewhere on the jackrabbit wiki about this (IIRC)
Ian