Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steven Lobbezoo <st...@tout-bien.com> on 2009/07/28 19:02:22 UTC

[users@httpd] Symbolic links not working.

Hi,

After scanning all other docs, I still cannot figure out how to do the
following:
(Apache 2.2.4 on a Suse 11.0 box)

I have a directory (in my server tree) with a web application.
I have several virtual host (about 20 at the moment), I want to have use
this directory (without that it's viewable from the URL by the
end-user). The php scripts there will solve the attachement to the right
user (via a MySQL DB).

So what I did was making a softlink from the virtual user directory to
the applications directory (both under htdocs)
But whatever I do, I get a 403 error (no access).
I have verified that all files are accessible, there are no typo's. I
tried to add a Directory blok in the httpd.conf file wich allows acces
for everybody and symbolic links, etc. etc.

Some ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Steven

Re: [users@httpd] Symbolic links not working.

Posted by Steven Lobbezoo <st...@tout-bien.com>.
Found it !!!!! ;-))))))

I had a "Options None" in the default-server.conf
Which is read after the statement you suggested.

It's maybe a good idea to review the structure of all those config
files, and make it les
easy to make a mistake like that !

Thanks a lot for your help.
I'll keep following this list, it's quit interesting stuff.

Thanks again,

Steven

Posted by Steven Lobbezoo <st...@tout-bien.com>.

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Steven Lobbezoo <st...@tout-bien.com>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] Symbolic links not working.

Posted by Steven Lobbezoo <st...@tout-bien.com>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Steven Lobbezoo<st...@tout-bien.com> wrote:
> It says :
> [Tue Jul 28 18:29:44 2009] [error] [client 195.154.112.30] Symbolic link not
> allowed or link target not accessible: /srv/www/htdocs/sottovento
>
> and it is accessible.

Is it allowed, via Options?

--
Eric Covener