Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Mike K <mk...@semanticresearch.com> on 2010/10/25 18:17:43 UTC

shiro-1.10-snapshot cookie max-age issues

Having grabbed the latest shiro-1.10 snapshot  I started experiencing login
issues in the application. Digging in further, I have noticed the following
difference with cookies dropped at login between the earlier code drop and
the newest:
OLD:
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=6fd35335-6dd6-4d37-9813-71264e027bfe; Path=/service;
HttpOnly
NEW:
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=b11cc1ab-d812-44e5-af15-a291bdf3a6d7; Path=/service;
Max-Age=-1; HttpOnly

The difference is the setting of Max-Age=1, which seems like the right thing
to do  according to http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2616.html. Unfortunately
this causes Firefox to delete the cookie and not forward it on subsequent
requests. IE is not affected by this change.

This seems like a bug (even if it really is in Firefox), but perhaps the
devs here have a suggestion to mitigate this.

Re: shiro-1.10-snapshot cookie max-age issues

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Not sure - Kalle fixed this one.  Kalle?

Les

Re: shiro-1.10-snapshot cookie max-age issues

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-183

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Mike K <mk...@semanticresearch.com>.
Excellent. Just grabbed the new source and we are back in business.
Thanks

Re: shiro-1.10-snapshot cookie max-age issues

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.