Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/04/16 03:17:36 UTC

Re: ambari-shell POC

Thanks Lajos.
It took me literally less than a minute to set this up on an existing
cluster to start playing around with it.
Nicely done!  I like the context display, debug mode to show REST
calls, help menu, etc.
To start, we can create a wiki page on Ambari Wiki [1] and point to
the github repos.  Do you want to go ahead and do that?
Also, do you want to move forward with integrating this shell and the
client into the Ambari code base?

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/

Yusaku

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: ambari-shell POC

Posted by Lajos Papp <la...@sequenceiq.com>.
Hi Yusaku,

> To start, we can create a wiki page on Ambari Wiki [1] and point to
> the github repos.  Do you want to go ahead and do that?

Sure, I’m happy to do that. Send me a private mail, describing
how to get write access to the wiki:

lajos.papp@sequenceiq.com

> Also, do you want to move forward with integrating this shell and the
> client into the Ambari code base?

Absolutely, ambari really deserves  a shell.

Re: ambari-shell POC

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
Lets create a JIRA for that as well.

-Sumit

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: ambari-shell POC

Posted by Lajos Papp <la...@sequenceiq.com>.
Hi Sumit,

Re: ambari-shell POC

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
The shell is indeed useful.

Pls. go ahead and create a Apache Ambari JIRA (at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI) to integrate the shell into
Ambari. Looks like contrib/ambari-shell might be a good location.

Those two blueprint related commands would be good candidates. We should
also add some default blueprints to the Ambari package.

thanks
Sumit

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE