Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Philippe A." <fu...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/25 18:29:41 UTC

NoHttpResponseException occuring before set timeout

Hello,

I am having problems configuring my service client to wait for a response
the time I want. After 60 seconds, the client throws
NoHttpResponseException, regardless of the higher timeout I have set with
setTimeOutInMilliSeconds.

My scenario is simple. The client succeeds connecting and sending a request.
The server takes more than 90 seconds to respond because of a forced delay.
The client gives up after 60 seconds, instead of 90 seconds.

This is with Axis 1.4.1.
I'm using https.
I have verified the server is not the one disconnecting after 60 seconds.
I am using a DefaultHttpMethodRetryHandler. The problem existed prior to
that. The difference was the client retried after 60 seconds instead of
disconnecting.
The service client is generated from wsdl. I configure it and use it through
a wrapper class.

In the logs, I find information suggesting the timeout parameter is set
correctly. Yet the client disconnects after 60 seconds. Can anyone help?
Thanks!

[DEBUG] Set parameter http.connection.timeout = 90000
[DEBUG] Set parameter http.socket.timeout = 90000
[DEBUG] Set parameter http.socket.timeout = 90000
[DEBUG] HttpConnectionManager.getConnection:  config =
HostConfiguration[host=https://server:9002], timeout = 0
[DEBUG] Request body sent
60 seconds without activity
[DEBUG] Closing the connection.
[DEBUG] Method retry handler returned false. Automatic recovery will not be
attempted
[DEBUG] Releasing connection back to connection manager.
[DEBUG] Freeing connection, hostConfig=HostConfiguration[host=
https://server:9002]
[DEBUG] Adding connection at: 1267116407202
[DEBUG] Notifying no-one, there are no waiting threads
[INFO] Unable to sendViaPost to url[
https://server:9002/axis2/services/monitor]
org.apache.commons.httpclient.NoHttpResponseException: The server server
failed to respond

Re: NoHttpResponseException occuring before set timeout

Posted by "Philippe A." <fu...@gmail.com>.
2010/2/25 Philippe A. <fu...@gmail.com>

> I am having problems configuring my service client to wait for a response
> the time I want. After 60 seconds, the client throws
> NoHttpResponseException, regardless of the higher timeout I have set with
> setTimeOutInMilliSeconds.

I have tried my service through regular http and the timeout worked as
expected. The problem is related to https. Any clues how to fix this?